So it’s my birthday tomorrow! I’m turning 23 years old. I don’t have much planned apart from a full day of work and possibly a meal out in the evening but I guess that’s how it goes when you’re an ‘adult.’ I must say I miss the days of being a kid where your birthday was the biggest occasion of the year – having parties at The Wacky Warehouse and being super excited about presents and what animal themed birthday cake you were going to choose from Asda.
So I thought for this post, in honour of turning 23, I would share with you 23 things you probably didn’t know about me! I tried to include as much interesting information I could about myself that perhaps not even some of my closest friends and family members know about! Enjoy!
1. My dream job is to be a full time author/writer.
2. I have four sisters and I am the middle child.
3. I am an auntie to a niece and a nephew.
4. I have never broken a bone.
5. I don’t have any tonsils – I had them taken out when I was 10 due to having tonsillitis a lot as a child.
6. If I’d been born a boy I would have been called Joshua.
7. I can give myself a lazy eye on command.
8. I am terrified of birds. If you go to a town centre with me I will hide behind you if I see a pigeon.
9. I can do accents – Scottish, American and Australian to be specific.
10. I once met the guy who plays Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter in Morrison’s – He was a super nice guy and even signed my shopping receipt haha!
11. My guilty pleasure is a good old TV quiz show – The Chase, Pointless, Tipping Point – I love them all.
12. I had my first kiss when I was 18.
13. I don’t have any tattoos, but if I were to ever get one it would probably be a number 12, a cat of some sort or a Taylor Swift lyric.
14. My favourite alcoholic drink is a spiced rum and coke.
15. I’ve travelled to four different countries in my life so far – and I’d love to travel to more.
16. When I was little we had a cat called Millie that we took in from someone. We were told she had 100% been neutered – turns out she definitely hadn’t! It was a bit of a shock to walk downstairs in the morning to see 4 little rat like babies crawling around the house!
17. I can’t cook to save my life. I literally just burn everything.
18. I want to get a second cat next year so Henry can have a friend.
19. My favourite film of all time is Mulholland Drive.
20. I’m a MASSIVE Taylor Swift fan, to the point that I wrote and published a fanfiction about her, which currently has over 51,000 views on Wattpad. Not too bad!
21. I genuinely think my house could be haunted. Strange things keep happening such as my lamp turning off on its own accord, the oven light turning off even though the bulb definitely hadn’t blown and my laptop playing music when I’m not even near it!
22. The song I want to be playing during my first dance at my wedding would either be You Are In Love or Lover by Taylor Swift. I don’t want to get married until I’m at least in my late 20s though so this is subject to change!
23. My greatest achievement I’ve accomplished in my life so far would probably be making it to the end of uni and achieving a 2:1 degree. My mental health really suffered, especially during my first year of uni to the point where I genuinely considered dropping out. But I’m so glad that I stuck it out!
There you go, there’s my 23 things! I hope you enjoyed reading and you now feel like you know me a little better 🙂
Until next time!